UCLA Administration is committed to the development and growth of its talent at all levels within the organization. OED provides learning opportunities to meet the organization’s needs, maximize efficiency, and empower individuals to better serve the campus community. OED’s services are free to all departments within UCLA Administration.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Leadership 2027 is an 18-month talent initiative program aligning mid-level leadership development with future organizational strategy and direction. Its overarching goal is to strengthen the talent pipeline by growing critical leadership skills and capabilities within UCLA Administration. The curriculum concentrates on core skills in the following focus areas:
Developing Exceptional Leaders
Developing Exceptional Leaders (DEL) is a leadership development program focusing on growing critical skills needed to drive productivity and achieve results. The program provides leaders at all levels with the necessary interpersonal skills for leading individuals or groups and tools and techniques to lead and maintain a high-performance workplace.
The course schedule provides information on the courses being offered for Fall Quarter 2017 – Spring Quarter 2018. Please take note of the “Suggested Participants” column to ensure that you are eligible to enroll in a particular course.
To register for courses, please email Gerrie Zvara at firstname.lastname@example.org with your enrollment request.
WORKPLACE TOOLS *
Introduction to Technology
- Typing Essentials
- Intro to Computers
- UCLA Logon (BOL)
- Navigating the Web
- Skills Building
Microsoft Word Series (8-week Program)
- Creating, Modifying, & Printing Documents
- Creating a Professional Resume
Microsoft Excel Series (8-week Program)
- Creating, Formatting, & Printing Worksheets
- Performing Calculations & Managing Workbooks
Microsoft PowerPoint Series (8-week Program)
- Creating a Professional Presentation
- Creating Flyers/Posters/Invites/Photo Albums
Microsoft Outlook Series (2-week Program)
- Inbox Essentials
- Calendar Essentials
- Contacts Essentials
- Tasks Essentials
Microsoft Visio Series (Custom Program)
- Creating/Formatting Diagrams, Charts, and Flowcharts
Managing UC Benefits Online
- Accessing Your Benefits Online (UCnet)
- Navigating Through the New UCnet Website
- Knowing Your UCRP Benefits (Pension Plan)
- Enrolling/Updating Your 403(B)/457(B) Plans (Fidelity)
- Making Better Investments for Your Retirement
- Active Shooter Training
- Workplace Safety
- Overall Campus/Surrounding Area Safety
- Robbery & Theft Prevention
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Self-Defense Training
* Please note that many of these classes are presented in English and Spanish.
Our program has been designed to help our front-line employees to develop and improve proficiency in English to acquire the basic knowledge and skills they need to function effectively as workers, parents and citizens.
To register for courses, or, to request a course/new series, please email Brenda Garland at email@example.com.